Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Just Figuring It Out?

Maybe it is because my father is a Veteran of WWII - "The Greatest Generation." Maybe it's because my grandparents came to this country to seek freedom and to live the American Dream. Maybe I can see the influx of immigrants (even the illegals) flock to this country daily to seek freedom. Maybe I was taught that even a quirky, shy kid from a blue-collar steel town can grow up and be anything he wanted to be - if he was willing to work hard. Maybe it's because I actually paid attention in every civics class I attended.

Michelle Obama spoke yesterday at a campaign rally in which she said that she that now for the first time in her adult life, she is proud of her country! She is 44 years old! She is just figuring it out now?? Where the hell has she been?

She is a successful lawyer. She has an ivy league education. Talk about being asleep at the wheel. What are they teaching over at Harvard??

Frankly, it is sad. I almost feel sorry for her. See her clip below.

No comments: